DC CSW Tournaments
DC Collins Scrabble® Tournaments
We are offering free admission to a 'swing' player willing to participate or not as needed to even Gaithersburg events. Details below.
As for all WGVC.COM events, live coverage can be found at http://live.wgvc.com.
Click the date link to add an event to your calendar.
- WGVC R&D World HQ ("Beware of the lasers")
- 5 Letterman Ct Gaithersburg MD 20878
- Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/aHBuEBLt83C2
- Lexicon: Collins 2019 w/ 5 pt. challenge.
- Director: Vince Castellano email@example.com 703.282.3611
- Format: 8 rounds, pairings and prizes TBD depending on number of participants, Gibsonization as appropriate.
- Entry Fee: $25 (Incl. $4 NASPA participation fee + $3 lunch fee).
- Cash payment on-site preferred, contact the director to make other arrangements if desired.
- $25 Winner-take-all opt-in prize pool.
- Each player may elect to pay $25 to the opt-in pool.
- Whichever player finishes first (by win-loss record and then cumulative spread) amongst those who paid into the pool wins it all.
- Eligibility for standard prizes is independent of participation in the opt-in pool.
- Payout is split in the event of a tie.
- Withdrawal from the pool is not allowed after payment is accepted.
- Lunch: Sandwiches and hot dish TBD.
- Please advise us in advance of any dietary restrictions or preferences.
- 09:30 .. 10:00 Registration
- 10:00 .. 13:00 Games 1-3
- 13:00 .. 13:30 Lunch break
- Lunch schedule subject to amendment based on participant preference or event structure.
- 13:30 .. 18:30 Games 4-8
- Registration Deadline: 21:00 (9PM) on the Friday night before the event.
- Players who are not present at 09:45 on the morning of the event and have not contacted the director will be considered no-shows.
- Ample free street parking.
- Pickup can be arranged from the Shady Grove Metro Stn at 09:30. Contact the director for details.
- Several 2- and 3-star hotels in the immediate vicinity.
- Contact the director for other suggestions.
- Live Coverage URL: http://live.wgvc.com
General Event Policies
- All tables are needed for the use of our players. Vendor merchandise is not to be put on display without prior agreement of the director.
Swing Player Terms
- A swing player is one put into the event at the director's discretion so as to make the field even.
- The above is irrespective of whether or not the director himself chooses to play.
- A player who has volunteered for swing is welcome to switch to paid player status by paying the full entry fee.
- (Note this is a revision of a previously stated policy.)
- Players who have been listed as "pay-to-play" can be switched to swing only at the director's sole discretion.
Waiver of Geographic Restrictions
We believe that open competition and freedom of player choice is in the best interest of the Scrabble®-playing community. To that end, WGVC.COM herewith waives any rights of geographic restrictions on any tournaments the location or scheduling of which may otherwise be considered to be in conflict with events listed on this site.
To join our mailing list and receive updates and news on local events of interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the director as noted above.
A WGVC.COM production.