DC CSW Tournaments
DC Collins Scrabble® Tournaments
We are offering free admission to a 'swing' player willing to participate or not as needed to even Gaithersburg events. Details below.
As for all WGVC.COM events, live coverage can be found at http://live.wgvc.com.
|Sat Aug 10, 2019||https://www.cross-tables.com/entrants.php?u=15081|
|Sat 17, 2019||https://www.cross-tables.com/entrants.php?u=15082|
- WGVC R&D World HQ ("Beware of the lasers")
- 5 Letterman Ct Gaithersburg MD 20878
- Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/aHBuEBLt83C2
- Lexicon: Collins 2015 w/ 5 pt. challenge.
- Director: Vince Castellano email@example.com 703.282.3611
- Format: 8 rounds, pairings and prizes TBD depending on number of participants, Gibsonization as appropriate.
- Entry Fee: $25 (Incl. $4 NASPA participation fee + $3 lunch fee).
- Cash payment on-site preferred, contact the director to make other arrangements if desired.
- $25 Winner-take-all opt-in prize pool.
- Each player may elect to pay $25 to the opt-in pool.
- Whichever player finishes first (by win-loss record and then cumulative spread) amongst those who paid into the pool wins it all.
- Eligibility for standard prizes is independent of participation in the opt-in pool.
- Payout is split in the event of a tie.
- Withdrawal from the pool is not allowed after payment is accepted.
- Lunch: Sandwiches and hot dish TBD.
- Please advise us in advance of any dietary restrictions or preferences.
- 09:30 .. 10:00 Registration
- 10:00 .. 13:00 Games 1-3
- 13:00 .. 13:30 Lunch break
- Lunch schedule subject to amendment based on participant preference or event structure.
- 13:30 .. 18:30 Games 4-8
- Registration Deadline: 21:00 (9PM) on the Friday night before the event.
- Players who are not present at 09:45 on the morning of the event and have not contacted the director will be considered no-shows.
- Ample free street parking.
- Pickup can be arranged from the Shady Grove Metro Stn at 09:30. Contact the director for details.
- Several 2- and 3-star hotels in the immediate vicinity.
- Contact the director for other suggestions.
- Live Coverage URL: http://live.wgvc.com
General Event Policies
- All tables are needed for the use of our players. Vendor merchandise is not to be put on display without prior agreement of the director.
Swing Player Terms
- A swing player is one put into the event at the director's discretion so as to make the field even.
- The above is irrespective of whether or not the director himself chooses to play.
- A player who has volunteered for swing is welcome to switch to paid player status by paying the full entry fee.
- (Note this is a revision of a previously stated policy.)
- Players who have been listed as "pay-to-play" can be switched to swing only at the director's sole discretion.
A WGVC.COM production.