Pizza Dough & Sauce
Simple Pizza Recipe
Proportions (2 pizzas)
- 2* oz of distilled water
- 1* heaping tsp. of sugar
- 1* heaping tsp. of yeast
Heat the water in in a measuring cup in the microwave. Stir in the sugar to dissolve, using the lab thermometer. When the temperature falls to 120 degrees, add the yeast. Wait for the yeast to froth.
- 160* ml. of beer
- 2 1/2* cups of whole wheat or bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Add flour and salt to food processor
- Pulse several times to mix
- Add olive oil and yeast mixture
- With food processor motor on low, slowly pour in beer until ingredients form a lump
- Flour the tabletop
- Scrape out dough mixture from food processor on to floured table and knead into a ball
- Coat the dough with olive oil, place in a metal bowl, cover with two pieces of wax paper and a dishtowel. Let stand for two hours.
After a two hour rise, the dough may need to be left in a refrigerator overnight. This may make it easier to work with. The dough may be too springy to form into crusts immediately after rising.
This recipe makes 750 grams of dough. Use a digital scale to divide precisely. Makes 2 generous-sized shells or three slightly smaller, thinner ones.
- Two cans crushed tomatoes
- Dry basil
- 1* shallot or small onion (chopped finely)
Be creative. I recommend finishing with a bit of grated parmesan or romano and a sprinkle of oregano to make the cooking aromatic.