DC CSW Tournaments
DC Collins Scrabble® Tournaments
We are offering free admission to a 'swing' player willing to participate or not as needed to even the event. Details below.
We hope you will also consider participating in the Bethesda MD tournament on Sat Sep 9: http://www.cross-tables.com/download/2017/09/bethesda.docx
|Sat Sep 2, 2017||5 Letterman Ct Gaithersburg MD 20878||https://goo.gl/maps/aHBuEBLt83C2|
|Sat Oct 7, 2017|
|Sat Nov 25, 2017|
|Sat Dec 16, 2017|
- Lexicon: Collins 2015 w/ 5 pt. challenge.
- Director: Vince Castellano email@example.com 703.282.3611
- Format: 8 rounds, pairings and prizes TBD depending on number of participants, Gibsonization as appropriate.
- Entry Fee: $25 (Incl. $4 NASPA participation fee + $3 lunch fee).
- $25 Winner-take-all opt-in prize pool.
- Each player may elect to pay $25 to the opt-in pool.
- Whichever player finishes first amongst those who paid into the pool wins it all.
- Eligibility for standard prizes is independent of participation in the opt-in pool.
- Payout is split in the event of a tie.
- Withdrawal from the pool is not allowed after payment is accepted.
- Lunch: TBD.
- Please advise us in advance of any dietary restrictions or preferences.
- 09:30 .. 10:00 Registration
- 10:00 .. 13:00 Games 1-3
- 13:00 .. 13:30 Lunch break
- 13:30 .. 18:30 Games 4-8
- Registration Deadline: 21:00 (9PM) on the Saturday night before the event
- Players who are not present at 09:45 on the morning of the event and have not contacted the director will be considered no-shows.
- Ample free street parking.
- Pickup can be arranged from the Shady Grove Metro Stn at 09:30.Contact the director for details.
- Several 2- and 3-star hotels in the immediate vicinity.
- Contact the director for other suggestions.
- Live Coverage URL: http://live.wgvc.com
Swing Player Terms
- A swing player is one put into the event at the director's discretion so as to make the field even.
- The above is irrespective of whether or not the director himself chooses to play.
- A player who has volunteered for swing is welcome to switch to paid player status by paying the full entry fee.
- (Note this is a revision of a previously stated policy.)
- Players who have been listed as "pay-to-play" can be switched to swing only at the director's sole discretion.
A WGVC.COM production.
Last modified on 27 August 2017, at 16:51