DC CSW Tournaments
DC Collins Scrabble® Tournaments
Please join us at the Charm City Scrabble® Tournament Saturday, September 29, 2018 in Catonsville MD, whether you play the Collins word list or not. Ride sharing arrangements are available, contact your WGVC director for details. The Collins division will be a WGVC.COM production.
We are offering free admission to a 'swing' player willing to participate or not as needed to even Gaithersburg events. Details below.
|Sat Oct 6, 2018||https://www.cross-tables.com/entrants.php?u=14684|
|Sat Nov 3, 2018||https://www.cross-tables.com/entrants.php?u=14688|
|Sat Nov 24, 2018||https://www.cross-tables.com/entrants.php?u=14686|
|Sat Dec 15, 2018||https://www.cross-tables.com/entrants.php?u=14687|
|Thu Dec 27, 2018 (proposed)||TBA|
- WGVC R&D World HQ ("Beware of the lasers")
- 5 Letterman Ct Gaithersburg MD 20878
- Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/aHBuEBLt83C2
- Lexicon: Collins 2015 w/ 5 pt. challenge.
- Director: Vince Castellano firstname.lastname@example.org 703.282.3611
- Format: 8 rounds, pairings and prizes TBD depending on number of participants, Gibsonization as appropriate.
- Entry Fee: $25 (Incl. $4 NASPA participation fee + $3 lunch fee).
- Cash payment on-site preferred, contact the director to make other arrangements if desired.
- $25 Winner-take-all opt-in prize pool.
- Each player may elect to pay $25 to the opt-in pool.
- Whichever player finishes first (by win-loss record and then cumulative spread) amongst those who paid into the pool wins it all.
- Eligibility for standard prizes is independent of participation in the opt-in pool.
- Payout is split in the event of a tie.
- Withdrawal from the pool is not allowed after payment is accepted.
- Lunch: Sandwiches and hot dish TBD.
- Please advise us in advance of any dietary restrictions or preferences.
- 09:30 .. 10:00 Registration
- 10:00 .. 13:00 Games 1-3
- 13:00 .. 13:30 Lunch break
- Lunch schedule subject to amendment based on participant preference or event structure.
- 13:30 .. 18:30 Games 4-8
- Registration Deadline: 21:00 (9PM) on the Friday night before the event.
- Players who are not present at 09:45 on the morning of the event and have not contacted the director will be considered no-shows.
- Ample free street parking.
- Pickup can be arranged from the Shady Grove Metro Stn at 09:30.Contact the director for details.
- Several 2- and 3-star hotels in the immediate vicinity.
- Contact the director for other suggestions.
- Live Coverage URL: http://live.wgvc.com
Swing Player Terms
- A swing player is one put into the event at the director's discretion so as to make the field even.
- The above is irrespective of whether or not the director himself chooses to play.
- A player who has volunteered for swing is welcome to switch to paid player status by paying the full entry fee.
- (Note this is a revision of a previously stated policy.)
- Players who have been listed as "pay-to-play" can be switched to swing only at the director's sole discretion.
A WGVC.COM production.